This summer I was struggling with tightness and burning in my chest. After weeks of doctors appointments and tests, I learned I was having allergic asthma. I started to learn more about my new found allergies and asthma and triggers. That's when my boyfriend, Zack, and I decided to make our home a healthier and less toxic space.
We went through what we could be using and breathing in and researched better products for our health. A website we used frequently was EWG.org by the Environmental Working Group. Additionally, we looked for products that had zero VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) or Formaldehyde.
One of the first products we thought to make the change was our laundry detergent. We live in a one-bedroom apartment and our dryer vents into the apartment. We realized that was something we constantly breathed in and should be more conscious about.